Don’t ask me how this person ended up here:
“pictures of barbara mandrell’s house”
Whoddya thunk that the same nation that ran this offensive ad just 50 short years ago would now be ready to run a woman for President?
Okay… I admit it. I am one of those people that kind of get in to the Academy Awards. I watched the entire thing tonight – without interruption. Mostly because my husband is out of town, so he couldn’t get bored and therefore interrupt me. I actually took some illegible notes as I sipped some of my favorite Pinot Noirs. Here is what I could make of it all after the fact:
- C – List Presenters: Well, I originally wrote Z List, but now I realize I am being a little mean. (i.e. George Clooney + Cameron Diaz = C-) Was it the Strike? Was it writer laziness? Was it no one fucking cares? Why were we subjected to such an overall lame group? Patrick Dempsey? Miley Cyrus? Come on.
- International Flair: Enjoyed the fact that there were many winners tonight that did not have english as a first language. Again, our laziness and dropping the ball due the strike may have had something to do with people from other countries winning the big prize. Yay! It’s finally a real award, unlike the Miss Universe Contest.
- Jon Stewart was Lame. I’m sorry – I really love him on The Daily Show, but he really was no good tonight. I felt like they had a pre-strike show already written, and then after the strike ended, they didn’t really fix it. No smart jokes, extreme lameness, and overall mediocre effort from someone I usually equate with excellence. Boo.
- No One was There. Okay, I admit – I didn’t watch the red carpet coverage because I hate that shit. But, watching just the telecast – it seemed that no one was there. All I saw were the same 10 people over and over on camera. Thank God for George Clooney. He is hot.
- George Clooney is Fucking Hot. He is. End of story.
That’s all I got for tonight – thanks for playin’
I don’t know what it is about this ad… I have watched it a zillion times and I laugh every time. This is such a fabulous ad in an otherwise mediocre campaign. What is it that makes it so fucking hilarious? I think it’s the dog’s accent (and the change-up from sausages to sausage) and incredible timing. Brilliant in that regard.
Too bad Bud Light tastes like warm piss in a rusty bucket, however.
As a Graphic Designer, I can tell you that – at least in my opinion – creating logos is one of the hardest and most time consuming of projects. They look simple, but that simplicity is murder to do. I can also tell you that when creating logos, I have browsed through other logos for inspiration and ideas. But taking a look at the above new QVC logo that I noticed in an ad on BBC America, this seems a little over the line as far as “inspiration” goes.
The very least that the designer could have done is use a different color, no? I don’t know, maybe it’s just me, but when I saw this I thought of Quicktime right off the bat. A little lazy in my book – but then again, I don’t have multi billion dollar corporations as clients.
I have to admit, I chuckled a little when I ran across this story in The Consumerist. It seems that a party in the UK didn’t appreciate the special appetizer they found on their receipt – specifically the “Suck My Dick Fuck Face”. Hey, at least they didn’t charge them for it!
All I can say is that if we had this capability back in my days at the Olive Garden, there would have been more than a little trouble.
Thanks to The Consumerist.
This little ditty really shines a light on the man we know as George Washington. Very interesting and informative video cartoon set to music you can’t get out of your head. I promise you’ll learn things you never knew about General Washington, such as that he was 12 stories tall, fucked the shit out of bears, invented cocaine and made of radiation – among other things.
Oh, someone mentioned I should post when these things aren’t safe for work, but I figured that if you’re reading my blog, you know chances are it may not be safe for work anyway. But, I’ll comply.
Thanks to wonkette.com