Okay… I admit it. I am one of those people that kind of get in to the Academy Awards. I watched the entire thing tonight – without interruption. Mostly because my husband is out of town, so he couldn’t get bored and therefore interrupt me. I actually took some illegible notes as I sipped some of my favorite Pinot Noirs. Here is what I could make of it all after the fact:
- C – List Presenters: Well, I originally wrote Z List, but now I realize I am being a little mean. (i.e. George Clooney + Cameron Diaz = C-) Was it the Strike? Was it writer laziness? Was it no one fucking cares? Why were we subjected to such an overall lame group? Patrick Dempsey? Miley Cyrus? Come on.
- International Flair: Enjoyed the fact that there were many winners tonight that did not have english as a first language. Again, our laziness and dropping the ball due the strike may have had something to do with people from other countries winning the big prize. Yay! It’s finally a real award, unlike the Miss Universe Contest.
- Jon Stewart was Lame. I’m sorry – I really love him on The Daily Show, but he really was no good tonight. I felt like they had a pre-strike show already written, and then after the strike ended, they didn’t really fix it. No smart jokes, extreme lameness, and overall mediocre effort from someone I usually equate with excellence. Boo.
- No One was There. Okay, I admit – I didn’t watch the red carpet coverage because I hate that shit. But, watching just the telecast – it seemed that no one was there. All I saw were the same 10 people over and over on camera. Thank God for George Clooney. He is hot.
- George Clooney is Fucking Hot. He is. End of story.