I’ve always loved advertising. In fact, at one point in my life I dreamed I would have a career editing national television commercials – one of the reasons I moved to Chicago. Alas, now I live in the ‘burbs and have 22-year-olds critiquing my work for their uncle’s business while my cat refuses to get off my lap. Sad, but true.
This ad really caught my attention lately – it’s a great ad. “Koo-doz” (Thanks, Ramona) to the team at San Francisco’s Goodby Silverstein & Partners who created it. It’s engaging, entertaining, and to the point. (Makes me want a Sprint phone, and that’s saying a lot as I am quite firm in my Apple love.) I wish the statistics were real, but the idea is so good – I can let it pass.
Here are the stats in case you were wondering:
Welcome to the Now Network. Population: 49 million.
- 23 million cell phone calls are being made
- 380,000 people just hung up.
- 1 million emails are en route.
- 7% of them contain the words, miracle banana diet
- They’re hitting 6,3000 spam filters, now.
- Twice as many people are searching Dog on Google versus Cat
- Tiny the talking boxer is being uploaded from Youtube to some one’s cell phone, now.
- 2 million people are sending a text message during a business meeting- the most popular subject? Diapers.
- 233,000 people just Twittered on Twitter.
- 26% of you viewing this have no idea what that means.
- 6,000 people are researching restaurants in a cab.
- 29 of them just left their phone in that same cab.
- 13,000 people just landed and are switching on their phones.
One person just pushed her cat off her lap and went to get a cup of coffee.